Work environment: The Directorate of Research and Doctoral Studies is responsible for implementing the establishment's research and doctoral training policy under the political authority of the Vice-President in charge of Research at University of Montpellier, notably:
- Overall steering to monitor and ensure scientific consistency.
- Steering and managing the Academic Council's Research Commission, its bureau, and other bodies and committees related to research (conciliation commission, ethics committee, scientific integrity, university diploma assemblies, etc.).
- Coordinating structures and resources for research and doctoral training.
- Participating in preparation and then managing cross-functional funding projects at national and international levels.
- Overseeing coordination and operation of doctoral studies and authorizations to lead research (HDR).
- Elaborating, implementing, and following up on doctoral student training actions and professional integration of PhDs.
- Leading actions to promote doctoral studies.
- Steering research and doctoral training aspects of the HCERES evaluation campaign.
- Participating in preparing the institutional contract for research and doctoral studies.
- Supporting managers in coordinating research resources.
- Helping implement the signature charter for scientific publications.
- Following up on research metrics and scientific production in particular.
- Supporting personnel in cooperation with the university's human resources department.
- Co-steering the roadmap for the Research Information System in cooperation with the Information Systems and Digital Department.
- Implementing regulated research (Nagoya protocol, CITES, etc.) and providing input for inter- departmental application (GMOs, CODECOH, MOT, animal testing, etc.).
- Supporting the implementation of actions to modernize research in relation to major societal issues, including scientific data, scientific integrity, and ethics.
The position within the Research Structure and Resource Coordination Team of the University of Montpellier's Directorate of Research and Doctoral Studies covers the scope of the university's I-SITE certification for a consortium of 16 partners (I-SITE strategic agreement). Activity is therefore spread across over one hundred research laboratories and technology platforms and research service centers, as well as nine doctoral schools, six of which are affiliated, plus one doctoral college.
Main mission: You will be responsible for implementing actions related to funding research programs and following up on their proper implementation in collaboration with the resource departments of the institutions and partners in the I-SITE strategic agreement.
- Ensure the organization and management of internal or external calls for projects in order to obtain funding from research structures (publish announcements and results, collect data, assess applications, organize evaluations, prepare tracking tables, send notification letters, implement projects financially, assist project leaders with project implementation, manage related agreements, prepare reports).
- Summarize and prepare elements to assist in the decision-making process prior to submitting files to various authorities.
- Develop and monitor relevant metrics.
- Contribute to the preparation of reports and notes.
- Manage publication of the PremiUM newsletter (University of Montpellier Projects for Research, Education, Mobility, and Innovation),
- Participate in deploying the research information system roadmap either as a functional project manager within the scope of the position or as a member of a project group.
- Handle the physical and telephone reception of internal and external contacts.
- Manage filing and archiving.
- Participate in managing the five-year evaluation campaign for research and doctoral schools, and help prepare the research and doctoral training elements in the five-year contract.
- Ensure continuity of service in case of personnel absences within the department.
• Job constraints
- Constraints related to respecting deadlines for calls for projects, decision-making bodies, as well as financial and accounting management deadlines.
- Periods of high activity.Eligibility criteria
Bachelor requiredSelection process
Please include the following job reference in your cover letter: 2022-I1184
Submit CV and motivation letter: https: // umemplois.umontpellier.fr/poste/2022-I1184(2)
Application deadline: 09/10/2022 at 11:59 PM (23:59)Additional comments
– Recruitment organization: firstname.lastname@example.org / +33 4 67 14 36 14
– Job information: email@example.com / +33 4 67 14 31 07Offer Requirements Skills/Qualifications
• Qualifications / diplomas: Bachelor required
- Understand the operation and organization of French Public Scientific, Cultural, and Professional Establishments (EPSCP).
- Understand the establishment's general organization and operation.
- Be familiar with the professional work environment.
- Proficiency in the principles of financial management in Budget Management and Public Accounting (GBCP) mode.
- Familiarity with research funding and calls for tender.
- Master oral and written communication techniques.
- Master document development techniques.
- Master project management techniques.
- Know how to manage your activity with deadlines and a very complex management framework.
- Be able to produce reports.
- Communicate with a wide range of different contacts.
- Implement applicable regulations and procedures.
- Work as part of a team.
- Demonstrate proficiency in software specific to the work environment (SIFAC, STRECH research database... to be acquired on the job).
- Master the Microsoft Office suite: Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.
- Be able to express yourself orally and in writing.
- Understand written English.
- Demonstrate a methodical and rigorous approach with good organizational skills.
- Be responsive.
- Demonstrate flexibility and adaptability.
- Have excellent analytical skills.
- Manage data and information confidentiality.
- Have excellent interpersonal skills.Contact Information