4 Sep 2023Job Information
University of Aveiro
Engineering » Materials engineering
First Stage Researcher (R1)
20 Sep 2023 - 23:59 (Europe/Lisbon)
Type of Contract
Hours Per Week
Offer Starting Date
1 Oct 2023
Is the job funded through the EU Research Framework Programme?
Not funded by an EU programme
Is the Job related to staff position within a Research Infrastructure?
A tender is hereby opened for the award of 1 (one) Research Grant(s) (RG) in the scope of R &D projects CICECO – Aveiro Institute of Materials, LA/P/0006/2020 under the following conditions:
1. Scientific Area : Materials Engineering or related scientific fields
2. Funding Source :
a) Foundation for Science and Technology, I.P./MCTES, through national funds (PIDDAC)
3. Admission Requirements:
1) Students enrolled in master studies with knowledge in polymer synthesis, processing and characterization, signal processing and physiological signals evaluation. Preference will be given to candidates with experience in programing in Phyton and/or Matlab environment, and building of machine learning algorithms.
(View Courses at:Courses - University of Aveiro (ua.pt) and Training at UA - Universidade de Aveiro)
The proof of enrolment must be made available until the contract is awarded, and the candidate may attach a declaration of honor to confirm that they meet the requirements for enrolment in an integrated master's degree, master's or doctoral program or in a course that does not confer an academic degree.
If the qualification has been conferred by a foreign higher education institution it must be recognized by a Portuguese higher education institution , under the terms of the provisions of article 25 of Decree-Law no. 66/2018, of August 16th, which approves the legal regime of recognition of academic degrees and diplomas of Higher Education, attributed by foreign higher education institutions, and of paragraph e) of no. 2 of article 4 of Decree-Law no. 60/2018, of August 3rd, and any formalities established therein must be fulfilled by the date of the hiring act .
4. Eligibility: Applicants are eligible if they comply with paragraph a) of no.1 of article 2, of the Research Fellow Statute as amended by Decree- Law no. 123/2019, of August 28th, as well as nos. 1 and 2 of article 6 of the Research Grant Regulations of the Foundation for Science and Technology. The RG(s) awarded to undergraduate or master students enrolled in courses that do not confer academic degree may only be granted to those who do not exceed, upon conclusion of the grant contract in question, including possible renewals, an accumulated period of two years in that type of grant, consecutive or interpolated, under the terms of no.5 of article 6 of the aforementioned Regulations.
5. Work plan: The working plan involves:
- Synthesis of elastomeric matrices, processing, evaluation of the morphology, thermal, chemical, and mechanical properties;
- Building of pressure sensors for physiological signals monitoring;
- Eletromechanical performance evaluation;
- Building machine learning algorithms for automatic physiological signal collection and evaluation.
6. Applicable legislation and regulations : Statute of Scientific Research Grant Holder, as amended by Decree-Law no. 123/2019, of August 28th; Regulation no. 950/2019, of November 29th, published in Diário da República, no. 241, Series II, of December 16th (FCT, I.P. Research Grants Regulation); Decree-Law no. 66/2018, of August 16th (Legal regime for recognition of academic degrees and diplomas of higher education awarded by foreign higher education institutions).
7. Workplace : The work will be carried out at CICECO – Aveiro Institute of Materials / Materials and Ceramic Engineering Department of the University of Aveiro, under the scientific supervision of Professor Vitor João Gomes da Silva Sencadas.
8. Duration of the grant(s) : The grant duration will be 3 months, starting in October of 2023, and may be renewed, up to the maximum limit of approved funding. Under no circumstances shall it exceed the limits defined in nos. 3 and 4 of article 6, of Regulation no. 950/2019, of November 29th, published in Diário da República, no. 241, Series II, of December 16th (Research Grants Regulation of FCT, I.P.).
9. Amount of monthly maintenance allowance : The amount of the grant corresponds to €930,98, according to the table of monthly maintenance allowance amounts set out in Annex I of Regulation no. 950/2019, subject to any updates that may be applicable, under the terms of no. 2 of article 18 of Regulation no. 950/2019, of November 29th, published in Diário da República, no. 241, Series II, of December 16th (Research Grants Regulation of FCT, I.P.). The fellow may also be reimbursed for the amount corresponding to the Voluntary Social Security, in case of adherence to this plan.
10. Selection methods: The selection methods to be used will be the following: curriculum vitae suitable for the project scientific field and candidate capabilities assessment (100%). The evaluation committee may consider and individual interview for the selected candidates.
11. Composition of the Selection Jury : President: Professor Vitor João Gomes da Silva Sencadas, vogal: Doutor Ana Raquel Ferreira de Almeida Sebastião and Professor Sónia Patrícia Marques Ventura. Vogal suplente: Professor Rui Miguel Novais and Doutor José Carlos Martins de Almeida.
12. Deadline for applications and how to submit applications: The call is open from September 5th to September 20th, and only applications submitted within the deadline will be admitted.
Note: The deadline for submitting applications shall not be less than 10 working days
Applications must be formalized by sending a letter of application accompanied by the following documents: Curriculum Vitae, certificate of qualifications,declaration of honor and other supporting documents deemed relevant. They shall also indicate the e-mail address to which by such indication they accept to be notified for all purposes within this procedure.
Applications should be sent by e-mail to [email protected] .
13. Form of publication/notification of results : The final results of the evaluation will be published through an ordered list by final mark obtained posted on the University's website, within 90 working days after the final date of submission of the application, and the successful candidate will be notified by email. For the purposes of prior hearing of interested parties, the deadline of 10 working days is set, as provided for in the Code of Administrative Procedure. At the end of the period for hearing the interested parties, and in the absence of any response from them, the list of candidates will become final. Candidates may lodge a complaint against the final decision within 15 working days, or appeal to the maximum executive body of the funding entity within 30 working days after notification of the final decision, in accordance with the provisions of article 12 of the Research Grants Regulation of the Foundation for Science and Technology.
14. Tender duration : The final ranking list of candidates will be valid until October 30th for the purpose of constituting a reserve list for selection.
The models of the grant contract and of the final report to be prepared by the grant holder and the supervisor are available at Research fellows - sgrh - Universidade de Aveiro (ua.pt).Requirements
Engineering » Materials engineering
Bachelor Degree or equivalent
Website for additional job details
https:// uaonline.ua.pt/detail.asp?c=83300Work Location(s)
Number of offers available
University of Aveiro
Campus Universitário de Santiago 3810-193 Aveiro
GeofieldWhere to apply
https:// www. ciceco.ua.pt
Campus Universitario de Santiago