materials with controllable particle size and its effect on gassing and cycle performance
16.02.2023, Wissenschaftliches Personal
• Optimization of the synthesis of monodispersed CAM precursors and of their calcination at elevated temperatures, firstly through their characterization with XRD, SEM-EDX and BET.
• Electrode preparation using the monodispersed LMR-NCM CAMs to characterize them in half or full Li-ion battery cell through electrochemical methods (performance behaviour upon cycling, impedance analysis, online electrochemical mass spectroscopy) to obtain cycling and gassing behaviour in comparison to industrial standard materials.
• Understand the influence of CAMs and precursors size/morphology on their electrochemical results, aiming at improving CAMs performance and durability.
• Applying the acquired knowledge to analyse and optimise further treated (coated/doped) CAMs.
• Education: above average master degree in chemistry, chemical engineering, physics, or related areas.
• Experience and knowledge: experience in the synthesis of inorganic materials (in particular transition metal oxides or Li-ion battery electrode materials) and their physico-chemical characterization will be advantageous.
• Personality and working practice: scientific rigor, curiosity, and passion to solve scientific challenges, ability to work in an international team, and self-motivation.
• Languages: fluent in English (written and spoken).
• Start: earliest May 2023
• Project duration: 3 years
• Possibility to present results at national/international conferences and project meetings
• TV-L E13 (65% within the first year, 75% from the second year onwards)
• This PhD thesis topic is part of a collaborative project with BASF SE
The best results are created within a diverse and inclusive environment. Hence, all qualified applications are considered for the position, regardless of gender, age, disability, religion, ethnic origin or sexual identity. TUM strives to raise the proportion of women in its workforce and explicitly encourages applications from qualified women. Under essentially equal qualification and suitability, disabled persons are given preference for the position.
Please e-mail your application (cover letter, transcripts of records from your Bachelor and Master studies, and resume) to [email protected] and specify in the subject of the e-mail to which project you are applying for. The application is open until 15th of March 2023.
Hinweis zum Datenschutz: Im Rahmen Ihrer Bewerbung um eine Stelle an der Technischen Universität München (TUM) übermitteln Sie personenbezogene Daten. Beachten Sie bitte hierzu unsere Datenschutzhinweise gemäß Art. 13 Datenschutz-Grundverordnung (DSGVO) zur Erhebung und Verarbeitung von personenbezogenen Daten im Rahmen Ihrer Bewerbung. Durch die Übermittlung Ihrer Bewerbung bestätigen Sie, dass Sie die Datenschutzhinweise der TUM zur Kenntnis genommen haben.
Kontakt: [email protected]