We are offering n. 7 (seven) non-permanent positions for 4th level Researchers (R4) a for a maximum of 24 months (or the duration of the project, depending on the start date) within the BIOALPEC Project (‘Biodiversity of Alpine ecosystems in a changing world') which includes the following subprojects:
- Project 1 (24 months): The quali-quantitative input of bioaerosol on high altitude environments in the Alpine region: implications for ecosystem functioning, health and biodiversity;
- Project 2 (24 months): Uncovering the taxonomic and functional biodiversity across the Alpine hydrographic network affected by climate change and anthropogenic pressures;
- Project 3 (18 months): Elucidating alpine flora biodiversity evolution and adaptation to climate changes through comparative genomic approaches;
- Project 4 (24 months): Exploring the connection between biodiversity, ecosystems services, zoonotic disease risk in natural and managed forest ecosystem in the Alpine region;
- Project 5 (24 months): Population genomics for long-term conservation and management of native alpine animal taxa;
- Project 6 (24 months): Trophic relationships underpinning alpine biodiversity resilience to ecosystem and climate change;
- Project 7 (12 months): Using metagenomics to investigate microbial communities in alpine ecosystems.
The selection process aims to generate short lists for each subproject to hire candidates on a non-permanent (contractual) basis.
These positions are offered within Piano Nazionale di Ripresa e Resilienza (PNRR) initiative, National Biodiversity Future Centre (NBFC, Spoke 3) within which FEM has proposed the project BIOALPEC: Biodiversity of Alpine ecosystems in a changing world.Benefits
The Fondazione E. Mach operates in compliance with current legislation concerning fixed-term contracts.
Candidates are invited to state whether they belong to the categories referred to in Law 68/99, and to indicate this in the curriculum vita sent in application for recruitment.
At least 10 days before the start date of the non-permanent contract, the candidate must provide the following original document, or the offer will be cancelled:
• Master of Science (or equivalent) certificate.Selection process
Applications must be received no later than 11:59 pm (the date and time of receipt indicated in the Foundation's e-mail account will be taken as proof) on September 22, 2022.
The recruitment procedure will be completed by March 22, 2023 at the latest.
A maximum of 30 points will be allocated for qualifications while the interview will be worth up to 70 points. The recruitment process will be based on the total points obtained through qualifications and performance at the interview, the results of which will be used to generate a short list for each subproject.
The candidate should indicate which project(s) they are applying to as they will be evaluated for inclusion in the relevant ranking(s) of these. At the discretion of the Foundation, (see “Procedura per la selezione delle risorse umane presso la Fondazione Edmund Mach"), candidates may be drawn from one subproject short list for another short list if there are no suitable candidates or no suitable candidate accepts the job offer for that subproject.
Those candidates admitted to the interview phase will be notified of the date and place at least 10 days before the interview takes place using the same e-mail (NO PEC) used by the candidate to send the curriculum and the application (Annex A).
The interviews will be held at the Fondazione E. Mach at San Michele all'Adige (TN) or via videoconference.
At the interview, each candidate must present a valid photo identification or send a scanned copy in advance if the interviews is to take place via videoconference. If candidates fail to present themselves for the interview in person or via videoconference, or if they are late (without a valid motivation) they will be automatically excluded from the selection process.
The results of the selection will be communicated by:
- publication of the shortlist of suitable candidates on the webpage dedicated to the present recruiting announcement, with the details of rank, surname and name; the publication of the candidate's name in the list of suitable candidates is not subject to confidentiality regulations; therefore, the candidate can not request that their name be removed from this list;
- at the end of the selection procedure, all candidates will be notified by individual email (not certified email, a.k.a. PEC) as to whether they are included in the shortlist of suitable candidates or not; this email will be sent to the contact address used by the candidate to send their curriculum vitae and the application.Additional comments
Applications to participate in the selection must be sent in electronic format to the email address (not certified email address, a.k.a. PEC) email@example.com , indicating the recruitment code (328CRIBIOALPEC – R4) in the subject of the message and must consist of:
- the application form (Annex A), using the form available on the webpage announcement: this should be saved with the file name and extension: Surname First Name Application.pdf. The application must be completed in full, with no references to other attached documentation and/or information;
- the candidate's curriculum vitae, saved with the file name and extension: Surname First NameCV.doc or .pdf;
- a copy of a valid identity document with photograph.
Any person encountering difficulty in submitting the application due to disability is invited to contact +39 0461 615542.
Contract type: CCPL Research Foundation Personnel (https: // trasparenza.fmach.it/Amministration- Trasparente/Personale/Contra...): for a fourth level Researcher, the current gross annual remuneration is Euro 34,563.94.Web site for additional job details
https: // www. fmach.it/eng/General-Services/Work-with-usOffer Requirements
Chemistry: Master Degree or equivalent
Other: Master Degree or equivalent
Biological sciences: Master Degree or equivalent
Agricultural sciences: Master Degree or equivalent
BIOALPEC will focus on understanding the evolution, distribution and ecological function of alpine biodiversity from genes to ecosystems, both terrestrial and aquatic, for flora, fauna and microorganisms (including invasive species, pathogens and organismal/soil microbiota). Data will be generated from field studies (eg. biologging, bioaerosols), remote sensing, and innovative ‘omics approaches (ie. genomics, metagenomics and metatranscriptomics) applied to minimally-invasive and environmental samples. Models integrating proximal and remote sensing with field and laboratory data, will be used to spatially investigate patterns of biodiversity at different scales, and predict future changes in these patterns, identify species, communities and populations at risk, and estimate the impact of these changes on zoonotic disease emergence under the One Health umbrella, in light of changing alpine abiotic and biotic conditions. These datasets and integrated tools aim to provide mid- to long-term monitoring of alpine biodiversity.Specific Requirements
- Master's degree or equivalent in (alphabetical order): agriculture, biology, computational and quantitative biology, evolutionary biology, molecular biology, bioinformatics, biotechnology, botany, ecology, genetics, engineering, mathematics, environmental sciences, telecommunications sciences, forestry sciences, medical and veterinary sciences, natural sciences, or equivalent;
- Knowledge of written and spoken English to at least level B2, evaluated during the interview.Contact Information