22 May 2023Job Information
FCT/UNL - CENIMATi3N
Engineering » Materials engineering
First Stage Researcher (R1)
16 Jun 2023 - 23:59 (Europe/Lisbon)
Type of Contract
Is the job funded through the EU Research Framework Programme?
Not funded by an EU programme
Is the Job related to staff position within a Research Infrastructure?
A position is open for a Research Fellowship under the project ALL FIBRE (PTDC/CTM-CTM/1571/2020), funded only by a state budget component - OE.
1. Scientific field: Materials Engineering and related areas
2. Admission requirements: Candidates must have a Master's degree in Materials Engineering, Micro and Nanotechnologies Engineering, Chemistry, Biotechnology and related areas and be enrolled in doctoral programs or non- lecture course. Preference will be given to candidates with training and research experience in the specific scientific area of the workplan. Documents attesting this academic situation must be submitted until the contracting stage of the scholarship and may be replaced by a declaration of honour during the application process. Candidates who have obtained the degree out of Portugal must prove, before the end of the deadline for applications, that they have obtained its recognition according to Decree-Law no. 66/2018 of August 16.
3. Workplan: The work to be carried out is aligned with the objectives of the All-FIBRE project and aims at the development of integrated photovoltaic storage devices composed of a single fiber capable of converting and storing energy to power devices in electronic textiles, maintaining their characteristics compatible with conventional fabrics. The objectives of the work will be the development of supercapacitors and fiber-based solar cells using techniques such as spray, electrospray, dip-coating, among others; as well as the electrochemical, electrical and mechanical characterization of the materials and devices developed.
4. Applicable legislation and regulations: Law No. 40/2004, of August 18, amended and republished by Decree-Law No. 202/2012 of 27 August (Statute of the Scientific Research Fellow) and amended by Decree-Law No. 233/2012 of 29 October, by Law No. 12/2013 of January 29, Decree-Law No. 89/2013 of July 9 and Decree-Law No. 123/2019 of August 28; Regulation of Research Scholarships of the Foundation for Science and Technology, I.P. in force (https: // www. fct.pt/apoios/bolsas/docs/RegulamentoBolsasFCT2019.pdf).
5. Workplace : The work will be developed at the Materials Research Center (CENIMAT/I3N) of the Nova School of Science and Technology (FCT NOVA), under the scientific supervision of Dr. Ana Baptista.
6. Duration of the fellowship(s): The fellowship will last for 6 months, foreseeably starting in July 2023. The fellowship contract may eventually be renewed within the term of the project.
7. Monthly maintenance allowance amount: The amount of the scholarship corresponds to € 1199,64, according to the stock chart of the exchanges awarded directly by FCT, I.P. https: // www. fct.pt/wp- content/uploads/2023/02/Tabela-de-Valores-SMM2023.pdf , payment being made monthly by bank transfer.
8. Selection methods: The selection of candidates will be made by the jury, based on the analysis of the Curriculum Vitae and its suitability for the proposed tasks. The evaluation of the candidate will take into account the merit of the candidate, considering the parameters of academic background (40%), curriculum evaluation appreciating relevant experience within the scope of the workplan (40%), the motivation letter (10%) and the interview (10%). If the jury chooses not to interview the candidates, the academic background will correspond to 40%, the curriculum evaluation to 50% and the motivation letter to 10% of the candidate evaluation.
9. Composition of the Selection Jury:
President of the Jury – Dr. Ana Baptista
1st Effective Vowels – Prof. Isabel Ferreira
2nd Effective Vowels – Dr. Ana Marques
1st Alternate Vowels – Dr. João Paulo Canejo
2nd Alternate Vowels - Prof. Susete Fernandes
10. Notification of results: The final results of the evaluation will be notified, up to 90 days after the deadline for submission of applications, by e-mail, of the results proposed by the jury, having access to the minutes. After notification, applicants will have 10 working days to decide on the decision, at a prior hearing of interested parties, in accordance with the Code of Administrative Procedure. The final decision shall be taken after the previous hearing period, again notified to all applicants by e-mail.
11. Application deadline and form of submission of applications: The competition is open from May 23rd to June 16th 2023.
Applications must be sent exclusively by e-mail, mandatorily indicated, in the subject of the e‐mail, of the reference "BI/ALL-FIBRE/2023", to [email protected] and [email protected] within the deadline for their submission. The application must be instructed with the following documents:
a) Curriculum Vitae
b) Motivation letter
c) Certificate of qualifications
d) Proof of recognition of the academic degrees obtained abroad
e) Other supporting documents deemed relevant, namely:
a. proof of registration for the current academic year, as detailed in item 2 of this notice (this document may be replaced by a declaration of honor, which template is presented in the last pages of this notice).
For more information, please contact Dr. Ana Baptista at the following email: [email protected]
More info (+)Requirements
Engineering » Materials engineering
Additional Information Work Location(s)
Master Degree or equivalent
Number of offers available
FCT/UNL - CENIMATi3N
GeofieldWhere to apply
https:// www. cenimat.fct.unl.pt
FCT/UNL-CENIMATi3N - Campus de Caparica 2829-516 Caparica Portugal