24 Aug 2023Job Information
FCT/UNL - CENIMATi3N
Engineering » Chemical engineering
First Stage Researcher (R1)
25 Sep 2023 - 23:59 (Europe/Lisbon)
Type of Contract
Is the job funded through the EU Research Framework Programme?
European Union / Next Generation EU
Is the Job related to staff position within a Research Infrastructure?
A position is open for a Research Fellowship for a Master under the project New Generation Storage - NGS, REFª C644936001-00000045 , financed under Invitation Notice n.º 02/C05-i01/2022 regarding the development of projects within the scope of the Mobilizing Agendas for Business Innovation, framed and financed under component n.º 5 - Capitalization and Business Innovation of the Recovery and Resilience in Portugal.
1. Scientific field: Chemical Engineering
2. Admission requirements: Candidates must have a Master's degree in Chemical Engineering, Material Science or similar and enrol in a doctoral programme or non-lecture course after selection. Documents attesting to this academic situation must be submitted until the contracting stage of the scholarship and may be replaced by a declaration of honour during the application process.
Experience in membrane preparation and in electromembrane processes, will be valorised;
Final score in the Master's degree: 15 (out of 20);
Excellent command of both spoken and written English.
3. Workplan: The work will be focused on development of an electro- membrane process to recover/recycle lithium from end-life batteries. The main objective is to develop lithium selective membranes and to prepare flow- electrodes using sustainable solvents.
4. Applicable legislation and regulations: Law No. 40/2004, of August 18, amended and republished by Decree-Law No. 202/2012 of 27 August (Statute of the Scientific Research Fellow) and amended by Decree-Law No. 233/2012 of 29 October, by Law No. 12/2013 of January 29, Decree-Law No. 89/2013 of July 9 and Decree-Law No. 123/2019 of August 28; Regulation of Research Scholarships of the Foundation for Science and Technology, I.P. in force (https: // www. fct.pt/apoios/bolsas/docs/RegulamentoBolsasFCT2019.pdf).
5. Workplace: The work will be developed at the Laboratory of Membranes Processes, Department of Chemistry of the NOVA School of Science and Technology, under the scientific supervision of Doctor Sylwin Pawlowski and co-supervision of Professor Doctor João Crespo.
6. Duration of the fellowship(s): The fellowship will last for 12 months, foreseeably starting in December 2023, possibly renewable within the duration of the project, according with the performance of the selected candidate.
7. Monthly maintenance allowance amount: The amount of the scholarship corresponds to €1199.64, according to the stock chart of the exchanges awarded directly by FCT, I.P. https: // www. fct.pt/wp-content/uploads/2023/02/Tabela-de- Valores-SMM2023.pdf , payment being made monthly by bank transfer.
8. Selection methods: The selection process will be done in two stages to candidates who fulfil the admission requirements. The first stage will be a curriculum evaluation by using the following methods: CV and previous experience in the research area (75%) and final (average) score in the bachelor + master's degree (25%). Candidates who score equal or higher than 75%, will pass to the second stage and other will be excluded from the selection. The second stage will consist of an interview with the entire panel. The final grade for candidates who passed both stages, will be determined by weighted grade of the two stages (50% to each).
9. Composition of the Selection Jury:
President of the Jury – Doutor Rodrigo Ferrão de Paiva Martins, Professor Catedrático, Faculdade de Ciências e Tecnologia da Universidade Nova de Lisboa, Portugal;
1st Effective Member – Doctor Sylwin Pawlowski, Researcher, Faculdade de Ciências e Tecnologia da Universidade Nova de Lisboa, Portugal
2nd Effective Member – Professor João Crespo, Full Professor, Faculdade de Ciências e Tecnologia da Universidade Nova de Lisboa, Portugal
1st Substitute Member – Doctor Cláudia Galinha, Researcher, Faculdade de Ciências e Tecnologia da Universidade Nova de Lisboa, Portugal
2nd Substitute Member – Doctor Carla Brazinha, Researcher, Faculdade de Ciências e Tecnologia da Universidade Nova de Lisboa, Portugal
10. Notification of results: The final results of the evaluation will be notified, up to 90 days after the deadline for submission of applications, by e-mail, of the results proposed by the jury, having access to the minutes. After notification, applicants will have 10 working days to decide on the decision, at a prior hearing of interested parties, in accordance with the Code of Administrative Procedure. The final decision shall be taken after the previous hearing period, again notified to all applicants by e-mail.
11. Application deadline and form of submission of applications: The call for applications is open from August 25 th 2023 to September 25th 2023.
Applications must be sent exclusively by e-mail, mandatorily indicated, in the subject of the e‐ail, of the reference “BIMestre1 NGS” to [email protected] e [email protected] within the deadline for their submission. The application must be instructed with the following documents merged into one PDF file :
a) Curriculum Vitae;
b) ID card;
c) Degree certificate with grades for bachelor and master courses;
d) Contact details of 2 referees (name, email, phone, affiliation and what was/is his/her professional relationship with the candidate);
e) Other relevant documents, such as
i) proof of enrolment in the academic course consistent with the details in point 2 of the Notice.
ii) declaration on honour regarding the achievement of other necessary requirements, for example, obtaining the recognition of an academic degree awarded by a foreign Higher Education institution (please find a template of this document in the last pages of this document, if applicable).
More info (+)Requirements
Engineering » Chemical engineering
Additional Information Work Location(s)
Master Degree or equivalent
Number of offers available
FCT/UNL - CENIMATi3N
GeofieldWhere to apply
https:// www. cenimat.fct.unl.pt
FCT/UNL-CENIMATi3N - Campus de Caparica 2829-516 Caparica Portugal