1 position as assistent lecturer (Universitätsassistent:in), contract for 4 years, 40 hours per week, starting at November 1st 2022, at the Institute of Applied Mechanics, Graz University of Technology.
Terms of admission:
Engineering diploma (Dipl.-Ing), Master of science (M.Sc.) or equivalent diploma in civil engineering, mechanical engineering etc. with adequate apprenticeship in mechanics.
Knowledge of mechanics, excellent knowledge of the German language (for teaching)
Good knowledge in continuums mechanics, numerical methods (BEM and FEM), computing skills, knowledge of the English language
- Participation in one or more research fields of the institute:
• Material modelling of e.g. fresh concrete, soil, biological tissue (aorta, skeletal muscles)
• Numerical calculation of wave propagation phenomena (e.g. acoustics, earthquake waves, structural dynamics)
• Development of numerical methods for structural mechanics (beams and shells)
• Interaction of CAD and simulation models
- To give lectures and participate in courses and examinations of the institute.
- Preparation of a scientific work with the aim of completing a dissertation
Gross annual income at least € 42.820,40. Overpayment possible due to skills and experience.
Please send your application, curriculum vitae and other documents with the characteristic number 2610/22/014 via E-mail firstname.lastname@example.org to:
Univ.-Prof. Dr.-Ing. Martin Schanz
Dean of Faculty for Civil Engineering
Graz University of Technology
Application deadline: Oct 2nd, 2022
Graz University of Technology supports affirmate action. Therefore, women are particularly encouraged to apply.
Graz University of Technology actively supports diversity and equal opportunities. People with disabilities and matching qualifications are explicit invited to apply.Contact Information