11 Sep 2023Job Information
Lodz University of Technology
Institute of Marketing and Sustainable Development Faculty of Organization and Management
Management sciences » Other
First Stage Researcher (R1)
11 Oct 2023 - 23:59 (Europe/Warsaw)
Type of Contract
Hours Per Week
Offer Starting Date
6 Nov 2023
Is the job funded through the EU Research Framework Programme?
H2020 / Marie Skłodowska-Curie Actions
Is the Job related to staff position within a Research Infrastructure?
Lodz University of Technology is one of the finest universities of technology in Poland. Its tradition and experience in training professionals and conducting research date back more than 75 years. It is an attractive partner for business. It cooperates with the largest national and international corporations. It conducts research of a European standard, develops new technologies and creates innovation in collaboration with the leading research centres all over the world. One of the pillars of Lodz University of Technology management is equal treatment of staff regardless of their gender, age, race or other demographic and social characteristics. In 2016, TUL was the first technical university in Poland to receive the HR EXCELLENCE IN RESEARCH award certifying that the University adheres to the principles of the European Charter for Researchers and the Code of Conduct for the Recruitment of Researchers.
1. The requirements to be met by the candidate (detailed description of the knowledge, qualifications, skills, and professional experience).
To be eligible, the candidate:
• must hold a Master's Degree or equivalent qualifications (candidates with pending Master's degrees will be considered, but the award will be conditioned on them being awarded the title by end of September ). Candidates should ideally possess a Master's degree in Business Science or Economics or a different degree provided that that allows them to enlist in a PhD (applications from candidates who already possess a doctoral degree cannot be considered); • must be in the first four years of her/his research career; • must not have resided or carried out their main activity (work, studies, etc.) in Poland of the institution that recruits the student for more than 12 months in the 3 years immediately before the recruitment date; • must be willing to live in the Host Institution country during 1 year appointment and travel to the other Universities and Partner Organisations of the network for training activities and secondments (according to the details provided in each job post); • must not hold a PhD; • must have solid written and oral communication skills in English. The ideal candidate should have Knowledge, Skills, Qualifications and Experience Required
Essential • Master's degree in Business Science or Economics. Applicants must have obtained a high overall grade average at the Master's level. • Document an aptitude for research through the meritorious assessment of their final thesis, publications or academic recommendations in order to show that they are capable of undertaking the demanding task of publishing 2 scientific papers • Basic understanding of public procurement law and policy • Basic understanding of sustainability • Basic understanding of textile industry • High level analytical ability • Ability to communicate complex information clearly • Ability to assess resource requirements and use the resources effectively • Excellent IT skills across all core Microsoft Office products • Ability to work as part of a team and work independently using own initiative • Fluency in English- excellent language skills in English and excellent communications skills. Applicants must be able to teach at an academic level in English and to follow PhD courses in English.
• Thorough understanding and direct relevant experience of research methods • Advanced understanding of public procurement law and policy • Advanced understanding of sustainability issues • Advanced understanding and interest in the textile industry
2. Specification of the terms and conditions of employment and authority associated with the position. The job offer concerns a position in the Institute of Marketing and Sustainable Development in the Faculty of Organisation and Management of the University of Łódź. Full-time position. The job is expected to start in November 2023 The ESR will work within Institute of Marketing and Sustainable Development on the research project “Sustainability and Procurement (SAP) tools for circular textiles”. The ESR will work under the supervision of Associate Professor Malgorzata Koszewska and the co-supervision of Associate Professor Eva Birgitta Andersson Strand (University of Copenhagen).
The ESR will be offered an international, interdisciplinary and intersectoral training and will include a structured mobility to up 3 months in the Universities and Partner Organisations of the Consortium for the entire project duration that will include: • Fair Trade Advocacy (two-month research SDG awareness in the clothing industry; training on assessing sustainability in the supply chain (Brussels)); • ISLE Association (one-month participation in dissemination and awareness raising on sustainable PP practices (Vienna)). The offered position is available with a fixed starting date in November 2023 for a maximum duration of 13 months with a full-time commitment to work exclusively under the action.
Benefits The ESR will be part of a community of ESRs based in 10 SAPIENS partner universities and will benefit from the exposure to an intersectoral and international working environment.
Candidate will get a very attractive salary plus an allowances package in accordance with the Marie Skłodowska-Curie Actions (MSCA) rules and the personal circumstances of the applicant. The gross salary will be 2.468,85 €/month, plus a mobility allowance of 600 €/ month and, if due, a family allowance of 500 €/ month. The Faculty does not provide accommodation.
3. Description of the expected responsibilities and duties.
The selected candidate will publish at least 2 publications in the Web of Science or Scopus indexed Journals as an Early Stage Researcher – ESR within the EU-funded H2020-MSCA-ITN Project “Sustainability And Procurement in International, European, and National Systems” (acronym SAPIENS – GA n. 956696). The project's objective is to foster interdisciplinary research into the evolving use of public procurement (PP) to address the social and environmental challenges of the 21st century with a view to create a significantly increased European knowledge base and research capacity on the law, the economics and the business sciences of Sustainable Public Procurement. The ESR will contribute to ambitious and carefully planned research, outreach, impact, and dissemination activities benefiting from the expertise of world- leading senior academics.
4. List of the required documents:
1) application for employment for the Rector of TUL; 2) annex-no.-1.1personal-information-form, to The “OTM-R POLICY – OPEN TRANSPARENT MERIT-BASED RECRUITMENT”; 3) annex-no.-1.2data-privacy-statement-for-job-candidates, to The “OTM-R POLICY – OPEN TRANSPARENT MERIT-BASED RECRUITMENT”; 4) annex-no.-1.3consent-of-the-candidate-to-the-processing-of-personal- data, to The “OTM-R POLICY – OPEN TRANSPARENT MERIT-BASED RECRUITMENT”; 5) self-report describing all previous and current research activities.
- full CV (with the relevant details for checking the eligibility criteria) including a list of publications if any, - copy of Master's and Bachelor's Degree diploma with the transcript of records and final marks - a certificate supplement containing information on the course of studies and obtained credits issued by the university which issued the certificate is also required. If the university has not issued a certificate supplement or the supplement does not contain the necessary information about the course of studies, the applicant shall provide the so-called Transcript of records (ToR), which is completed and approved (signed) by the university that issued the certificate; - copy of Master's and Bachelor's Degree diploma and a certificate supplement or Transcript of records must be in the original language and an authorized English translation if they are issued in other language than English or Polish, - a statement that the obtained second degree diploma entitles the Applicant to apply for a doctoral degree in the country where the certificate was issued, issued by the university which issued the diploma; - grading scale: A certified explanation of grading scale in the original language and an authorized English translation if it is available in another language than English or Polish - Letter of motivation: (maximum 1 page) briefly introducing yourself and explaining your reasons for applying for this particular studentship - Documentation of English level: Documentation of English level can for instance be documented by an excellent IELTS or TOEFL test. - Two reference contacts - Master's thesis - Draft of research project in the area of “Sustainability and Procurement (SAP) tools for circular textiles” (aims, scope, suggested research methods). This should include the following: (1) objective(s) of the research, (2) major research questions, (3) review of relevant literature, (4) methodology to be applied in the research. - The project description must elaborate on the value of the proposed research project in terms of its relevance to existing and future research in the field. The project proposal must not exceed 6 standard pages, corresponding to approx. 12,000 characters (including curriculum, title, punctuation, figures, footnotes and references, but excluding bibliography) A substantial breach of this will result in the application being excluded from consideration. - Publications - Only documents in English can be accepted.
Applicants should submit the above documentation (in a single zipped attachment) though the following email address: [email protected] with object: SAPIENS – Application ESR 14 The deadline for application is 11.10.2023 Applications failing to include the requested documentation or submitted after the deadline will not be considered.
Lodz University of Technology (TUL) is granted “HR Excellence in Research” award. Therefore, the the recruitment process meets all the requirements and the principles underlying the European Charter for Researchers and the Code of Conduct for the Recruitment of Researchers. Lodz University of Technology is an equal opportunities employer, committed to promoting equality, diversity and fairness irrespective of age, disability, gender, pregnancy or marital status, race, religion or belief, sexual orientation or gender identity. TUL unit welcomes applications from currently underrepresented groups and will ensure that equal opportunities are guaranteed to each applicant during the selection procedure.
Candidates will be evaluated according to the eligibility criteria and the following criteria for the scientific evaluation: - Educational track records - Scientific quality of the CV - Draft project - Expected individual impact and benefit to the researcher and to the project - Previous experiences in the subject areas relevant to the SAPIENS research programme.
Following the application deadline, the Associate Dean of Development will pre-select PhD applications that will proceed to the assessment stage upon the recommendation of the Selection Committee. Applicants are pre-selected for further assessment in line with the Faculty's recruitment needs as described in this job advertisement. This is carried out based on the overall assessment of the applicant's educational qualifications, the quality of the submitted research proposal and its relevance to the Faculty's research agenda, and other relevant qualifications (e.g. relevant professional experience, any previous academic publications etc.). All applicants are then notified by the HR Centre as to whether their application has proceeded to the assessment stage. The assessment is carried out by an expert assessment committee. Selected applicants will be notified of the composition of the assessment committee. A number of qualified applicants will be invited for an interview.
The eligibility and evaluation of the file will take place in October 2023.
Shortlisted candidates will be invited for a web interview (skype/ MS Teams) that will take place in October 2023 and positions will be offered to candidates following the approval by the Selection Committee.
5. The place, manner, and deadline for submitting the documents (as well as information concerning their return); Applications will be accepted until 11 October 2023 in electronic or paper form at the secretary's office of the Faculty of Organisation and Management, Łódź University of Technology, p. 2.22, 221 Wólczańska Street, 93-005 Łódź.
Selection process The evaluation and selection procedure is organized in 3 steps: STEP 1: ELIGIBILITY CHECK STEP 2: EVALUATION OF THE REQURED DOCUMENTS STEP 3: INTERVIEW
6. Contact person and postal and e-mail addresses to which documents or scans thereof may be forwarded; Ms. Alicja Musiał-Paczkowska at 042 631 37 68. Documents and scans can be sent by e-mail to the following address: [email protected]
Web site and contacts for additional job details: Sapiens website: www. sapiensnetwork.eu University website: https: // www. p.lodz.pl/en/welcome-lodz-university- technology Contacts of the supervisor: [email protected]
7. The expected date of the announcement of the decision is two weeks from the end of the acceptance of offers.Requirements
Management sciences » Other
Master Degree or equivalent
Internal Application form(s) needed
Assistant, Research Staff-Faculty of Organisation and Management - SAPIENS.pdf
(239.36 KB - PDF)
DownloadAdditional Information Work Location(s)
Number of offers available
Institute of Marketing and Sustainable Development Faculty of Organization and Management, Lodz University of Technology
GeofieldWhere to apply
https:// www. p.lodz.pl