Reference Number: PCB-1222A-70/2022
ELIGIBILITY CRITERIA OF THE COMPETITION:
- at least a PhD in English linguistics;
- significant scholarly achievements in the field of English and Slavic phonology, certified with scientific publications;
- scholarly achievements obtained after the PhD diploma being granted;
- publication-certified applications of modern phonological paradigms, including Optimality Theory and Loanword Adaptation Theory;
- organizational and didactic experience in teaching English as a foreign language at a university level, with special emphasis on teaching descriptive phonology in English;
- significant involvement in academic life, active conference participation included;
- fluency in Polish and English.
II. APPLICATION FOR THE COMPETITION SHOULD INCLUDE:
- a copy of the master's degree and doctoral diploma;
- a personal questionnaire and CV;
- a list of scientific publications;
- a list of scientific, teaching and organizational achievements;
- a candidate's declaration that they agree to the processing of personal data in accordance with Article 6 Paragraph 1 Letter a) of Regulation (EU) 2016/679 of the European Parliament and of the Council of 27 April 2016 on the protection of natural persons with regard to the processing of personal data and on the free movement of such data, and repealing Directive 95/46/EC (General Data Protection Regulation);
- references, opinion confirming candidate's sufficient teaching and research aptitude.
III. CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT:
- full-time job (240 hours) under a fixed-term employment contract from January 1, 2023 to September 30, 2024 in the primary workplace
IV. COMPETITION APPLICATION SHOULD BE SENT TO THE ADDRESS:
Uniwersytet Marii Curie-Skłodowskiej
Wydział Filologiczny, Instytut Językoznawstwa i Literaturoznawstwa, pok. 409
ul. Pl. M. Curie-Skłodowskiej 4a, 20-030 Lublin
The deadline for submitting documents is December 9, 2022.
The competition will be settled no later than December 13, 2022.
The university does not provide housing.
The settlement of the competition does not result in establishing an employment relationship. The ultimate decision on employment is made by the Rector. The University reserves the right to close the competition without a decision.Contact Information