Investigate the role of Sonic Hedgehog signaling pathway relation to ovarian cancer resistance towards cytotoxic drugs with use of cell culture, 3D culture model and animal models (CAM xenograft, chicken embryo and mice xenograft). Includes planning and performing molecular and cell biology experiments (such as RT, PCR, q-PCR, protein isolation, western blot, immunofluorescence, genetic modification of cells), coopeation and supervision of staff members, analysis and compilation of the results, participation in preparation of pulbications.Additional comments
Those interested in the job should email the following documents:
1. Motivation letter with justification of interest in the project - in PDF format with scanned signature.
2. Curriculum Vitae of the candidate - in PDF format.
3. A copy of university diploma
4. A copy of the diploma confirming the award of a doctoral degree or a document confirming the award of a doctoral degree.
5. At least one letter of recommendation from a supervisor.
6. Contact details (email) of at least two academics who can provide references.
7. List of publications with IF, number of citations with and without self- citation, and Hirsch index according to Web of Science.
For further information, please contact the project leader, Dr. Radosław Januchowski Email: email@example.com
Tel: 796 029 658Offer Requirements
experience in experimental work in a research laboratory, knowledge of various molecular and cell biology techniques (RNA isolation, reverse transcription, PCR, qPCR, genetic modifications of cells, protein isolation, western blot, fluorescence microscopy, immunohistochemistry), knowledge of cell culture techniques in 2D and 3D, ability to compile research results and write scientific publications, preference will be given to candidates with an understanding of cancer biology, in particular ovarian cancer, scientific achievements documented by publications (preference will be given to candidates with publications as first author), very good written and oral English skills, good written and oral Polish skills, conscientiousness, accuracy, very good organisation of work, communication skills and the ability to work in a teamSpecific Requirements
Formal requirements for an offer of employment:
Employment will take place in accordance with the NCN regulations, in particular the person employed must meet all of the following requirements:
• has a doctoral degree obtained at an institution other than that in which the post is to be filled
• during the period of receiving this remuneration does not receive any other remuneration from the funds allocated as direct costs in NCN competitions;
• will not, during the period of drawing this remuneration, draw remuneration from another employer on the basis of an employment contract, including an employer with headquarters outside Poland.
The competition is open to persons who meet the conditions set out in Article 113 of the Act of 20 July 2018. - Law on Higher Education and Science (Journal of Laws 2021, item 478).The candidate must meet the conditions set by the National Centre of Science for post-docs. In particular, a person employed in this position must have a PhD degree obtained not earlier than 7 years before the year of employment in the project. This period does not include breaks related to maternity leave, additional maternity leave, leave on maternity leave condition additional leave on maternity leave conditions, paternity leave, parental leave or child care leave, granted under the rules specified in the provisions of the Labour Code, or receiving sickness benefit or rehabilitation benefit in connection with inability to work, including due to illness requiring medical rehabilitation. In the case of women, the indicated 7-year period may be extended by 18 months for each born or adopted child. A woman may choose a more favourable way of indicating breaks in her scientific career.Contact Information